TM 028 876
photos taken 12 July 2013
St Andrew, Quidenham
This was the first Bomb Group memorial, dedicated on 17 November 1944.
From The Air War in East Anglia, by Martin W. Bowman:
The preliminary design for the window was conceived and drawn up by Sergeant Gerald Athey, an aircraft mechanic at Snetterton. Mr Reginald Bell of London, much of whose work can be seen in America, including some of the windows in the cathedral Church of St. John the Divine, New York, designed the stained glass. The Bishop of Norwich dedicated the chapel on 17 November 1944. A service of remembrance was held in the church on 30 May 1946 in memory of the men of the 8th Air Force [sic] who were killed in WWII. The service was broadcast to the USA and Richard Dimbleby described to the people of America, the beautiful memorial, the service and the scene in the church.