pericles

"Take these men as your example, like them remember that posterity can only be for the free: that freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it." Pericles, 431 BC

Thursday 18 September 2014

And That's It

With my visit to Foulsham, I have visited every known memorial in Norfolk and Suffolk. I was able to complete the project with the help of my very dear friends, Peter and Marion. Gary would have been so pleased.

Finding these memorials has been a joy, for me, and for Gary. I have been amazed at the response we've had from both sides of the Atlantic. I'll still visit, as I find new things, or when these places are sometimes refurbished or rededicated. But the project is basically done.

I will be handing my database over to the 2nd Air Division Memorial Library in Norwich, as soon as I've gone through it and made sure that everything is accurate.

If you see anything that needs to be corrected, or added, or removed, do please get in touch. If you think I can help you with research you are doing, again--please contact me. I'm very happy to help where I can.

2nd Air Division Memorial Library

No comments:

Post a Comment